Beginning with Jesus' birth, Ken Bailey leads you on a kaleidoscopic study of Jesus throughout the four Gospels. Bailey examines the life and ministry of Jesus with attention to the Lord's Prayer, the Beatitudes, Jesus' relationship to women and especially Jesus' parables.
Through it all, Bailey employs his trademark expertise as a master of Middle Eastern culture to lead you into a deeper understanding of the person and significance of Jesus within his own cultural context. With a sure but gentle hand, Bailey lifts away the obscuring layers of modern Western interpretation to reveal Jesus in the light of his actual historical and cultural setting.
This entirely new material from the pen of Ken Bailey is a must-have for any student of the New Testament. If you have benefited from Bailey's work over the years, this book will be a welcome and indispensable addition to your library. If you are unfamiliar with Bailey's work, this book will introduce you to a very old, yet entirely new way of understanding Jesus.
- Fans of the author
- Students and professors of biblical studies
Features and Benefits
- Offers insight into the Gospels from a Middle Eastern perspective
- Counteracts modern and western impositions upon the Bible
- Highlights the key events and teachings in the earthly ministry of Jesus
- Features a wealth of cultural information related to ancient Middle Eastern peasant society
- Provides an excellent resource for New Testament students interested in the Gospels